2007年4月20日 星期五

DLink DWL-G510 Wirless card - Some issues - Ubuntu Forums

DLink DWL-G510 Wirless card - Some issues - Ubuntu Forums
DLink DWL-G510 Wirless card - Some issues

Ok, I hate to take time away from people that are getting NO connection, but any replies may help them as well.

I installed the latest version of Fiesty today (which should be pretty close to the stable 7.04)

The nice thing about it was that in automatically scanned and found my access point, and connected to it. Now, here are my issues:

1. I'm getting a 50% signal strength vs. 100% in windows (I dual boot)

2. I can't for the life of me get it to connect manually w/ a static IP. I already tried using wpa_supplicant. I kept trying to do it that way thinking that maybe the "roaming" feature of feisty was hurting my signal strength.

So I thought of using some different drivers. I'm currently using ath_pci. Is that the madwifi driver? Because I considered switching to madwifi.

All in all I didn't try any different drivers (though I downloaded the XP driver) because I don't know how to actually switch the drivers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

沒有留言: